World Class Manufacturing
- WCM / Lean Manufacturing
WCM / Lean Manufacturing
World Class Manufacturing is the process of reducing waste in time, cost, and space in the manufacturing environment. Once a lean implementation strategy is embarked upon, the next step beyond lean encompasses more than just the manufacturing floor, it links that manufacturing floor to the entire Enterprise (ERP) from the Product Data Management (PDM), Manufacturing Process Management (MPM), and the Manufacturing Execution System (MES) - the "What", "How", and "When" of lean for a truly World Class Manufacturing facility.
- Work Place Optimization
Work Place Optimization
- Standardized work analysis (MOST and MODAPTS certified), line balancing (yamazumi charting), designing out overburden (muri) and inconsistency (mura), team conception, improving quality, and reducing non-value added walking
- Kaizen Workshops - team involvement for problem solving and waste elimination (muda)
- Fork-free flexible manufacturing, level, automation interface (jidoka), and improved safety
- Visual Management – 5S signage, labels, foot printing, and Error and Mistake Proofing (EMP/poka-yoke)
- One-Piece Flow - Just In Time, inventory management, supply chain optimization, and Plan For Every Part (PFEP)
- Value Stream Mapping - Process evaluation and optimization
- Other World Class Manufacturing (WCM) tools and techniques
- Value Stream Mapping
Value Stream Mapping
DSI has managed programs to custom design the tools you need to maintain a world class 5S workstation. From ordering the cabinets to creating the schedule and assignments for the various team members to maintain a clear workstation we have the tools and expertise. As with everything that DSI does we don't just sell you some tools and walk away, we will work with you through the implementation phase of lean manufacturing to assure that 5S becomes a way of life, not just another passing fad.
- Sequence and Kitting Development
Sequence and Kitting Development
Sequencing is the delivery of material Just In Time and in the correct order according to the assembly operations. Kitting is the grouping of components supporting one or more assembly operations.
DSI analyzes opportunities to implement sequencing and kitting addressing the most cost-effective and overall favorable solutions.
- Golden Zone Process Layout
Golden Zone Process Layout
The process should be designed for the operator to avoid bending, reaching, twisting stretching or leaning; as this improves the ergonomic conditions and Non-Value-Added operations are reduced or eliminated.