- Reverse Engineering
Design Systems, Inc. can provide Reverse Engineering services to redesign or duplicate existing equipment. The most basic principle of engineering innovation is the improvement of what already works. Design Systems, Inc. engineers use state-of-the-art software packages to redesign and recreate a specific part or piece of equipment. The software package can also be used to identify high-stress areas that could cause potential failure.
- Ability to make spare parts without removing the original part from service
- Reproducing a part when an original drawing does not exist
- Improving productivity, allowing for increased sourcing options
- Re-engineering a specific part associated with down time
- Deep dive into design for manufacturability
- Standards Development
Regardless of the size of your business, organization plays a key role in any company's success. Design Systems, Inc. uses standardized business practices and provides customers with standards solutions for many areas of expertise including, but not limited to:
- File directory
- Procurement / bid package drawings
- File naming conventions
- Project organization
- ISO compliance
- Drawing standards
- As-Built Drawing Generation
As-Built Drawing Generation
Design Systems, Inc. provides an as-built drawing generation service. Inaccurate as-built and outdated drawings are almost always an issue on any project. As-built drawings are often overlooked during the construction process and documented changes are rarely recorded. Our team at Design Systems, Inc. provides an as-built drawing service to help you avoid unnecessary interference and construction issues.
Some advantages of accurate as-built drawings are:
- Essential for insurance purposes
- Provides unified location for contractor and subcontractor drawing changes
- Provides an accurate tool to plan for future changes, demolition, or expansion
- Provides the history of land use
- Useful in developing safety plans
Design Systems, Inc.'s services include:
- Electronic conversion of existing as-built drawings (hard file to soft file)
- As-built drawing verification through accurate field checking
- Create new as-built drawings as required (when as-built drawings do not exist)
- As-built drawing translations to multiple languages and measurement systems
- Detailed Field Checking
Detailed Field Checking
At Design Systems, Inc., we pride ourselves in producing accurate drawings, and to do so requires a hands-on approach. Field checking prior to design work alleviates any interference issues prior to construction.
Our field checking service benefits the customer in that it:
- Prevents construction issues later in the project
- Helps create a better cost estimate for bid designs
- Provides a method of verifying previous work
- Reduced cost in field orders
- Test Stations and Procedures
Test Station and Procedure Development
There are processes and procedures that are critical for a safe and properly functional work environment within any manufacturing facility or professional organization.
Design Systems, Inc. can develop detailed procedures for companies to follow, learn and adhere to. Whether it's a work-cell with robotic activity or the construction of a vehicle testing station, Design Systems, Inc. will provide tools for your employees to continue a quality work practice.
Procedure development ensures operability and satisfaction, as well as performance and reliability.
Design Systems, Inc. specializes in:
- Design and fabrication of specialty fixtures
- Conveyor load and unload stations
- Assist tool and articulating arms
- Tooling and automation
- Production aids
- Cost Benefit Analysis
Cost Benefit Analysis
The concept of Cost Benefit Analysis dates back to the 1800's. Design Systems, Inc. still uses this concept to put all relevant costs and benefits on a common temporal footing using time value of money calculations.
Steps comprising a generic cost-benefit analysis:
- List alternative projects and programs
- List stakeholders
- Select measurement(s) and measure all cost/benefit elements
- Predict outcome of cost and benefits over relevant time period
- Convert all costs and benefits into a common currency
- Apply discount rate
- Calculate net present value of project options
- Perform sensitivity analysis
- Adopt recommended choice
- Risk assessment
- Detailed / Fabrication Engineering
Detailed / Fabrication Engineering
Design Systems, Inc. team of Engineers has the expertise to take early concepts and develop them into full detail fabrication drawings using the latest 3D drawing technology.
We will take the designs from concept through to detailed fabrication drawings including:
- Set up and arrangement drawings
- Commercial component call outs
- Bill of Materials
Fabrication follow up services to verify fabrication quality are available.
- Drawing Conversions to CAD
Drawing Conversions to CAD
Design Systems, Inc. provides drafting services and caters to the needs of the Manufacturing and Engineering Industry, Mechanical Engineers, Production Engineers, Design Engineers and Fabricators.
We provide the following, but not limited to: AutoCAD drawing conversion, 2D CAD drafting, 3D drafting, paper to CAD conversions, converting 3D assembly or part model to 2D shop drawings, 3D modeling and animation, etc.
We can convert most anything your company needs to be accurate and editable to latest CAD versions and your software needs.
- New Product Studies
New Product Studies
Our customers are confident to call upon Design Systems, Inc. Whether a brownfield or greenfield program, Design Systems, Inc. will evaluate each and every aspect pertaining to the product along with the facility that produces it. The how to? and the what if's? are fully examined to provide a thorough development package including the following:
- System throughput
- System and equipment evaluation
- Clearance studies
- Electrical, Mechanical, Structural Assessment
- Engineering Software
To be competitive with the services we provide, Design Systems, Inc. uses the leading edge software on the market today.
This software solves a wide range of common engineering problems quickly and efficiently. With the customer in mind, the use of these software packages eliminate countless hours which equates to a greater product and profit in return.
- Dassault Systemes Catia V5
- Siemens Unigraphics/NX
- Siemens Teamcenter
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Autodesk Plant Design Suite
- Tecnomatix FactoryCAD
- Autodesk Inventor
- Autodesk Simulation
- Autodesk Vault
- Autodesk Navisworks
- CPPlus Chain Pull
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Outlook)