- System Sizing
Right-sizing any piping system to maximize throughput, attain and maintain balance, achieve flow efficiency and reduce wasteful operations makes good business sense. Design Systems, Inc. Paint Finishing Engineering Group has a knack for aligning the needs and interests of the facility while keeping costs down. Some of the many things we consider when right-sizing a system:
- Demand Load
- Pipe Sizing
- Fixtures, Valves and Inlets
- Pump Flow Rate
- Pump Selection
- Pressure Tank Size
- Length of Supply Pipeline
- Thermal Diffusivity
- Paint Circulation Systems
Paint Circulation Systems
Design Systems, Inc. is a company with a long history of close involvement with our customers, which has resulted in a history of creative and innovative solutions in the paint finishing sector. From our inception, Design Systems, Inc. has worked together with customers to create and expand upon unique technological solutions to the diverse array of challenges facing paint finishing operations in manufacturing. We are a recognized global supplier of engineering services for paint circulation, delivery, and application systems.
Design Systems, Inc.'s customers expect and are provided with World Class service; we meet our customers' needs for economy, efficiency, and low environmental impact through our innovative approach to paint circulation systems engineering. We take the time to understand the specific needs and address the unique challenges each customer faces, pairing each project with the right people and tools to provide the right solution, every time.
- Weld Water Systems
Weld Water Systems
Design Systems, Inc. maintains a large engineering department, staffed with specialists experienced in the design of weld water systems including refrigeration, fluid pumping, and heat transfer systems, all supported by advanced CAD systems, and years and years of practical experience. Creative solutions for heat recovery, energy savings, hydronic systems, piping drawings, heat exchanges, cooling towers, capacity and expansion studies, and central control and monitoring setups are examples of our expertise and commitment to progress in our industry.
- Chiller Systems
Using chilled water to cool a building or process is efficient and flexible. A relatively small diameter pipe of chilled water can supply as much comfort cooling as a much larger diameter round air duct. The use of chillers allows the design engineer to produce chilled water in a central building location or even on the roof and distribute the water economically and without the use of large duct shafts. Chilled water also provides accurate temperature control that is especially useful for Variable Air Volume applications.
Design Systems, Inc. paint finishing engineers have the knowledge and technical expertise to plan and manage your next chiller installation. We will be there every step of the way, working with your team to maximize your system as well as your savings.
- Pneumatic Systems
Your compressed air system is not only a critical plant utility, it can be thought of as a backbone of your system – serving many of the processes and machines critical to your business. To function properly and cost effectively, it must be carefully designed to fulfill all the needs of your applications, and have the correct pressure and capacity to serve today's needs as well as those in the foreseeable future. All of the elements critical to the system must be balanced and work together for the system and facility to reach top performance levels.
Consider the following when planning a pneumatic system piping design:
- Know your compressed air demand
- Know your air quality requirements
- Know your supply requirements
- Know your storage requirements
- Which distribution system should be selected?
- Understand layout considerations
- Understand possible installation concerns
- Wastewater Systems
Engineering of the treatment of high strength waste is one of the services provided by the Process Engineering Group at Design Systems, Inc. We provide wastewater systems engineering to a variety of industrial sectors, including automotive, manufacturing, food industries, and others.
Design Systems, Inc. works with the industry to determine the treatment option that is best suited for the application. We provide general design and project management services and have an in-depth knowledge of what solutions work best for what systems. We respect the schedule and budgetary requirements of each customer and work with the client to provide the best engineering value for their requirements in an efficient manner.
- HVAC Piping Sytems
HVAC Piping Sytems
Since 1983, Design Systems, Inc. has been providing process HVAC piping services to the commercial, industrial and manufacturing sectors. Design Systems, Inc. provides accomplished and efficient management and design staff to ensure a quality custom installation each and every time. Backed by three generations and decades of paint finishing engineering experience, we possess the capability and expertise to design and manage the installation of any HVAC piping application.
Regardless of project size or complexity, Design Systems Inc. will continue to provide timely professional service that makes us one of the leading engineering sources in Southeastern Michigan. We look forward to delivering our unmatched level of excellence and commitment to quality on your next HVAC piping project. Some of our many service offerings and areas of expertise include:
- Chilled water system components - air handling units, chillers and other cooling equipment
- Waste Heat Recovery systems
- Heating Systems
- Energy Management systems
- Radiant Heat systems
- Refrigeration Systems
Another area of expertise for Design Systems, Inc. is refrigeration piping and systems. There are many components that comprise a refrigeration system, and the impact and interaction of these systems with the rest of your facility is of critical importance. Design Systems, Inc. will work with you to supply and maintain the right amount of refrigerant in your system to all of the processes and equipment that require it, while keeping the energy costs of cooling and delivery down.
- Piping Design: Liquid, suction, and discharge lines, as well as multiple refrigeration circuits
- Line Sizing: Capacity, length, refrigerant oil, suction line sizing and discharge risers
- Thermal Expansion Valves: Hot gas bypass valves
- Installation Details: Pump down cycle, piping insulation, refrigerant line installation
- Low Ambient Operation: Fan cycling and speed control, condenser flood back design
- Petrochemical Systems
Design Systems, Inc. has wide experience in the field of detailed engineering of petroleum and petrochemical plants and systems. Our teams can undertake total design and project engineering work including:
- Piping Systems: Piping is a critical item in any production plant and can operate under a wide range of pressure, temperature and atmospheric conditions. The efficiency, productivity and safe operation of the facility depends largely on the selection of piping within a system and how it withstands the rigors and abrasive nature of the petrochemical environment.
- Tank Vessels: Design Systems, Inc. possessed and intimate knowledge of stainless steel storage tanks that includes water storage tanks, chemical storage tanks, CBD Tanks, IBD Tanks, Blow down tanks, LP/HP heaters vessels, Dosing Tanks, Filtration tanks, and other products to store liquid material. The design is selected and engineered to avoid the spilling and evaporation of liquid and gases.
- Seamless Pipes: We design and incorporate the best quality seamless pipes. We select seamless pipes and tubes for applications in manufacturing such as chemical plants, fertilizer plants, pharmaceutical, refrigeration, metallurgical industries and the oil and gas industry.
- High Pressure Bends: Design Systems, Inc. select premium quality high pressure bends in our designs that will withstand the punishment of harsh conditions within a facility. We don't cut corners on quality and recommend components for their longevity and rigidity.
- Food Systems
Our utility systems design experts can manage every aspect of the project to get up and running. For example:
- Plant main utility piping
- Water softener installation
- Main steam header installation
- Sanitary sterile compressed air receiver
- Steam-to-condensate receiver tanks and condensate pumps
- Chilled water piping drops to bottle processing machines
- Hot water circuit distribution headers and piping
- Hot water piping and recirculation pump installation
Design Systems, Inc. manages a complete breadth of utility piping projects and systems, including:
- Compressed air systems including sterile, dehumidified, heated, service, and instrument air
- Steam systems including culinary, sterile, and high and low pressure steam
- Water systems including filtered, city, process, softened, heated, sterile, RO, UV, DI, chilled, tower, and plant water
- Waste water systems including waste water treatment and monitoring, effluent handling, and waste water equalization and neutralization
- Solids recovery systems
- Chemical distribution and piping
- Powder Paint Systems
Powder Paint Systems
Design Systems, Inc. has been engineering paint shops and systems since our inception. We provide a complete set of services addressing every facet of your powder system, including:
- Powder Booths
- Booth Air Supply Houses
- Powder Storage Room
- Powder Circuits
- Robot Mounted Powder Applicators
- Rotary Powder Applicators
- Maintenance Vacuum System
- Powder Oven
- Fire Protection
- Powder Facilities Deep Clean