About our Simulation Group
Design Systems, Inc. does not work in a vacuum. Nobody understands your system better than you Understand and document the study objectives. Develop a thorough understanding of the system. Collect and validate data and operating parameters. Develop a simulation specification which documents the model framework and data inputs. Review with the team. Construct a simulation model which accurately represents the system being studied. Validate the simulation results to "real world" performance of the actual system. Conduct experimentation to meet the stated objectives, and report recommendations and solutions.
We can develop a detailed simulation model of your facility which will identify your current bottlenecks, product sequence impacts, identify minimum and maximum requirements for buffer banks which can reduce inventory.
Simulation Engineering Benefits
The benefits to having Design Systems conduct a simulation engineering analysis on your system are numerous and include the following:
- Develop a thorough understanding of your system including the dynamic aspects that are often "hard to put your finger on".
- Improve communication and system understanding across departments as a diverse project team works together to develop the simulation model and drive the analysis.
- Predict how planned system modifications will effect operations prior to actually changing the system.
- Determine the "best" proposed system concept prior to making any capital investment.
- Predict how volume or product mix changes will impact operations.
- Document your system in terms of process function, data parameters and process flow.
- Design Systems’ simulation provides an animated 3D graphical representation of your system. This improves the understanding of how the system will work and also provides visual feedback regarding potential problems or issues that may not be intuitive.
- The simulation model is a living tool which accurately represents your current/proposed operations and can be used to test "What If?" scenarios for your system.
- A "user friendly interface" can be developed for the simulation model which gives you the ability to use the model to test various scenarios.
- Design Systems does not sell equipment. We act as an independent 3rd party and keep YOUR best interests in mind.
- Throughput Capacity
- Downtime Impact Analysis
- Color Blocking Analysis
- Product Scheduling / Mix Impacts
- Bottleneck Identification / Resolution
- Workcell Dynamics
- Control Logic Development / Testing
- Vehicle / Carrier / Pallet Count Definition
- Storage Capacity Definition
- Manpower / Resource Capacity
- Material Flow / Logistics
- Workforce Shift Stagger Analysis
- Buffer Size Sensitivity Analysis