Network Design and Optimization
How Is Your Network Performing?
Design Systems, Inc. has the skills to optimize your distribution network with deep experience in transportation, warehousing and inventory management. When it comes to designing an optimized network, there are no “cookie-cutter solutions”. It involves numerous options and decision points. Each of these decisions impact service levels, profitability and competitive advantage. To ensure an optimal design, it is critical that key business data (total supply chain cost, customer service and strategic business initiatives), from your ERP and business insights are included. By combining real world knowledge with data, Design Systems, Inc. is able to model scenarios, and reduce complexity to lower total delivered cost. We determine the optimal infrastructure plan to support the business operations including critical decisions related to:
- Plant, warehouse and distribution center locations and utilization
- Capacity available at each location
- Transportation modes and lanes used to reduce lead time and move product through network
- Which customers should be served from each facility, by mode of transportation
- When is expansion of capacity needed, where and how it should occur
- When merging business or operations across subsidiaries, which facilities should be used and at what levels, and which ones should be closed
- Implementation of recommended network: project plan, bid management, implementation management
- Best in class KPI development
Design Systems, Inc. is unbiased, which guarantees that our solution is optimized for your operation. You will have a clear roadmap for aligning your supply chain to the business needs – a plan that will guide your business processes for years to come.
Ready to learn more about how Design Systems, Inc. can help you build an optimized network?
Contact us here.